This Privacy Notice sets out how we'll use your personal data. Your personal data is data which by itself or with other data available to us can be used to identify you. We use your personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The types of personal data we collect and use
To assist you in finding products that meet your needs, we'll use your personal data for the reasons set out below.
The sources of personal data collected indirectly are mentioned in this statement. The personal data we use may be about you may include:
• Full name and personal details including contact information (e.g. home address and address history, email address, home and mobile telephone numbers);
• Date of birth and/or age (e.g. to make sure that you're eligible to apply);
• Financial details (e.g. salary and details of other income, expenditure and details of accounts with other providers);
• Information from credit reference or fraud prevention agencies, electoral roll, court records of debt judgements and bankruptcies and other publicly available sources;
• Family, lifestyle or social circumstances (e.g. the number of dependants you have);
• Employment details/employment status for credit and fraud prevention purposes; and
• Personal data about other named applicants. You must have their authority to provide their personal data to us and share this Privacy Notice with them beforehand together with details of what you've agreed on their behalf.
Providing your personal data
You must provide your personal data so we can assist you in finding products that meet your needs (unless you're a customer and we already hold your details).
Using your personal data: the legal basis and purposes
We'll process your personal data:
1. As necessary to perform our contract with and source products that meet your needs:
a) To take steps at your request prior to entering into it;
b) To manage and perform that contract;
c) To update our records; and
2. As necessary for our own legitimate interests or those of other persons and organisations, e.g.:
a) For good governance, accounting, and managing and auditing our business operations;
b) To search at credit reference agencies (CRA's) at your home address;
c) To monitor emails, calls and other communications;
d) To send you marketing communications;
3. As necessary to comply with a legal obligation, e.g.:
4. Based on your consent, e.g.: a) When you request us to disclose your personal data to other people;
Sharing of your personal data
Subject to applicable data protection law we may share your personal data with:
Identity verification and fraud prevention checks
Criteria used to determine retention periods (whether or not you become a customer)
Your rights under applicable data protection law Your rights are as follows: - The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data; - The right to have your personal data corrected if it's inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed; - The right to object to processing of your personal data; - The right to restrict processing of your personal data; - The right to have your personal data erased (the "right to be forgotten"); - The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it; - The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data ("data portability").